Backbone Terms of Service
By using the backbonepro.com web site (“Service”), a service of BlueIQ LLC, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). BlueIQ reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://backbonepro.com/terms.html Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While BlueIQ prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that BlueIQ cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. (Not sure to what this is referring) You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you’d like.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. BlueIQ cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- A valid credit card is required for all accounts.
- If you initially sign up for a Free Trial and you don’t cancel that account within 30 days, you will be billed monthly starting on the day the month your account was initially created. If you cancel prior to the processing of your first invoice on the 30th day, you will not be charged.
- An upgrade to include any coaching content will end your free trial. You will be billed for your first month immediately upon upgrading.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes. Further, BlueIQ shall not be liable for any federal or state tax liability or other liability that may be assessed in conjunction with any employee reward point system used in conjunction with the Service or your Account.
- All charges made via credit card will be made in US dollar currency. BlueIQ is not responsible for any foreign transaction, internalization or other credit card fees regarding the charge for your Backbone account.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. BlueIQ does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the “How do I Cancel” link in the Account Setting of Backbone.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- BlueIQ, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other BlueIQ service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. BlueIQ reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- BlueIQ reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Backbone Site (backbonepro.com) or the Service itself.
- BlueIQ shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service is must comply with U.S. copyright law. Please review our copyright compliance policy.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. This retention of ownership does not constitute a guarantee that BlueIQ will at all times retain the material you upload to your account or provide as Content for your account. Material you provide is subject to deletion, forfeiture, and relinquishment pursuant to the other terms set forth herein.
- BlueIQ does not pre-screen Content, but BlueIQ and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright © 2013 BlueIQ, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from BlueIQ.
- The set-up, configuration, processes, organization, and method of operation of the Service constitute the trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information, and intellectual property of BlueIQ. The creation of your Account and the your access to the Service constitute your authorized access to BlueIQ’s trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information, and intellectual property, all of which are not generally known or available to the public. Any attempt by you to replicate, disseminate, or disclose the trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information, and intellectual property of BlueIQ is a misappropriation of BlueIQ’s property. If such misappropriation occurs, BlueIQ may, among other legal remedies, seek injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction, without bond, and may take any other action set forth in these terms. The termination of your Account constitutes BlueIQ’s revocation of your authorized access to its trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information, and intellectual property.
Where available, customers may access their Backbone account data via an API (Application Program Interface). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses Backbone, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that BlueIQ shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if BlueIQ has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to Backbone via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. BlueIQ, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. BlueIQ will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
- BlueIQ reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that BlueIQ uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. BlueIQ is not responsible or liable for suspension or failure of the use of the Service do to the negligence or other conduct of these third party vendors and hosting partners.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, BlueIQ, or any other BlueIQ service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by BlueIQ.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any BlueIQ customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 300 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by BlueIQ) of other BlueIQ customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your service until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- BlueIQ does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that BlueIQ shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if BlueIQ has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of BlueIQ to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and BlueIQ and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and BlueIQ (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.